ImageCLEF 2016 is an evaluation campaign which is being organized as part of The CLEF Initiative
labs. The results of this campaign, including selected works among the participants, will be presented in the Conference and Labs of the Evaluation Forum (CLEF) 2016
which will be held in the city of Évora in Portugal, 5-8 September 2016. For the 2016 edition, ImageCLEF will organize three main tasks with a global objective of benchmarking automatic annotation, indexing and retrieval of images. The tasks tackle different aspects of the annotation and retrieval problem and are aimed at supporting and promoting cutting-edge research addressing the key challenges in the field. A wide range of source images and objectives are considered, such as general multi-domain images for object or concept detection, as well as domain-specific tasks such as labelling and separation of compound figures from biomedical literature and scanned pages from historical documents.
Each of the tasks sets its own schedule, so please check the corresponding task webpage for specific dates. A (tentative) global schedule can be found below:
- 15.11.2015: registration opens for all ImageCLEF tasks (until 22.04.2016)
- 15.11.2015: development data release starts (depends on the task)
- 15.03.2016: test data release starts (depends on the task)
- 01.05.2016: deadline for submission of runs by the participants (depends on the task)
- 15.05.2016: release of processed results by the task organizers (depends on the task)
25 28.05.2016: deadline for submission of working notes papers by the participants
- 17.06.2016: notification of acceptance of the working notes papers
- 01.07.2016: camera ready working notes papers
- 05.-08.09.2016: CLEF 2016, Évora, Portugal
Registration for ImageCLEF 2016 is now open and will stay open until April 22, 2016. To register please download and complete the end user agreement
. Then scan and send it by email to the following address: Mauricio Villegas <firstname.lastname@example.org>
You also need to register in the following system
in order to access the evaluation data and submit the runs.
- If you have not registered in the past or have changed affiliation you can register for 2016 here.
- For people already registered in the past, you can transfer your registration details to CLEF 2016 here.
Once registered and the signature validated, data access details can be found at the ImageCLEF system
-> Collections .
Keeping in touch
The best way to keep in touch with ImageCLEF is by following ImageCLEF on twitter and facebook. Through these channels we will provide updates and reminders during the evaluation campaign. The twitter account is @imageclef
and for the facebook page use this link
The CLEF Conference
ImageCLEF lab and all its tasks are part of the Conference and Labs of the Evaluation Forum: CLEF 2016. CLEF 2016 consists of an independent peer-reviewed conference on a broad range of issues in the fields of multilingual and multimodal information access evaluation, and a set of benchmarking activities carried in various Tracks designed to test different aspects of mono and cross-language Information retrieval systems. More details about the conference can be found here
. Also there is more information about the Clef Initiative
Programme of ImageCLEF at the CLEF 2016 Conference
The programme is available at http://imageclef.org/2016/programme
There are 3 main tasks:
- Image Annotation A task aimed at the development of systems for automatic multi-concept image annotation, localization and subsequent sentence description generation.
- ImageCLEFmed: The Medical task Addresses the problems of labelling and separation of compound figures from biomedical literature.
- Handwritten Document Retrieval Targets the challenge of retrieval from collections of scanned historical handwritten documents.
The Organising Committee
Image Annotation Task
ImageCLEFmed: The Medical Task
- Alba García Seco de Herrera <email@example.com>, U.S. National Library of Medicine, USA
- Stefano Bromuri <firstname.lastname@example.org>, University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland, Sierre, Switzerland
- Roger Schaer <email@example.com>, University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland, Sierre, Switzerland
- Henning Müller <firstname.lastname@example.org>, University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland, Sierre, Switzerland
Handwritten Document Retrieval Task
- Joan Puigcerver <email@example.com>, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
- Alejandro H. Toselli <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
- Joan Andreu Sánchez <email@example.com>, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
- Enrique Vidal <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
- Mauricio Villegas <email@example.com>, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain