- 22.09.2011 Please give us feedback on ImageCLEF 2011 at this survey, or more detailed feedback on CLEF at this survey.
- 05.09.2011 The programme for ImageCLEF sessions at CLEF 2011 is available here
- 30.07.2011 Results released for the Plant Identification ImageCLEF 2011 task.
- 29.07.2011 Results released for all subtasks of the Medical Retrieval ImageCLEF 2011 task.
- 27.07.2011 Results released for the Wikipedia Image Retrieval ImageCLEF 2011 task.
- 15.07.2011 Results released for the Photo Annotation ImageCLEF 2011 task.
- 28.07.2011 CLEF 2011 registration is now open!
- 23.06.2011 Submissions closed for all ImageCLEF 2011 tasks.
- 10.9.2010 The ImageCLEF book is now available to buy at Springer. More information can be found here.
ImageCLEF is the cross-language image retrieval track which is run as part of the Cross Language Evaluation Forum (CLEF).
ImageCLEF has already seen participation from both academic and commercial research groups worldwide from communities including: Cross-Language Information Retrieval (CLIR), Content-Based Image Retrieval (CBIR) and user interaction. More information on past and current ImageCLEF campaigns can be found here:
The working notes of ImageCLEF included in the CLEF working notes are available from the CLEF webpage.
ImageCLEF was originally proposed by Mark Sanderson and Paul Clough from the Department of Information Studies, University of Sheffield. However, today ImageCLEF is organised and run voluntarily by a much larger number of individuals and research groups.
Image retrieval from medical collections
- Henning Müller, University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland in Sierre, Switzerland, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jayashree Kalpathy-Cramer , Oregon Health and Science University, USA, email@example.com
- Miguel Ruiz, University of North Texas, Denton, Texas, USA
- Dina Demner Fushman, National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
- Stefanie Nowak, Fraunhofer IDMT, Germany, nwk[at]idmt.fraunhofer.de
- Judith Liebetrau, Fraunhofer IDMT and Technical University of Ilmenau, Germany, ltu[at]idmt.fraunhofer.de
Image retrieval from a collection of wikipedia images
- Theodora Tsikrika, University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland (HES-SO), Sierre, Switzerland, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jana Kludas, Computer Vision and Multimedia Laboratory, University of Geneva, Switzerland, Jana.Kludas@cui.unige.ch
- Adrian Popescu, TELECOM Bretagne, France, email@example.com
Various articles describing ImageCLEF in more detail have been published. These are available here.
Many organisations and individuals have supported ImageCLEF, but in particular we thank:
- Dr. Carol Peters (co-ordinator of CLEF) for continual support and help in the organisation of ImageCLEF.
- Dr. Thomas Deselaers for his help in past ImageCLEF editions (2004-2008) and for support of the ImageCLEF web pages.
- The Khresmoi, Chorus+ and Promise projects for their support.