Overview of ImageCLEF 2012
ImageCLEF 2012 is part of CLEF 2012 and will organize four main tasks:
There will also be an additional pilot task on Personal Photo Retrieval.
These tasks will benchmark the annotation and retrieval of diverse images such as general photographic and medical images, as well as domain-specific tasks such as plant identification and robot vision. The aim is to support and promote research that addresses key challenges in the field including:
- modality classification and retrieval in the medical domain that moves closer to clinical practice and routine through classification tasks that consider complex, hierarchically organised, classes of modalities and retrieval tasks that support medical practitioners in their decision making
- visual image annotation with concepts at various levels of abstraction that relies not only on manual, and thus reliable, training data, but also on automatically acquired, and thus noisy, labelled samples
- scientific multimedia data management through the particular case of botanical data identification
- the shift in the area of robot vision from visual place recognition to multimodal place recognition, and
- the combination of visual features with highly diverse textual evidence, ranging from unstructured, to semi-structured, or even highly-structured textual annotations, as well as semantically enriched data.
Registration for ImageCLEF 2012 is now open! You need to register to our system and also sign an end user agreement.
- For people already registered in the past (not only in 2011, but also before), you can transfer your registration details to CLEF 2012 here.
- If you have not registered in the past or you do not want to transfer your details, you can register here.
The end-user agreement can be found here.
Each of the tasks sets its own schedule. A (tentative) global schedule can be found below:
- 15.2.2012: registration opens for all ImageCLEF tasks
- 15.3.2012-30.4.2012: data release (depending on the task)
- 15.4.2012-15.5.2012: topic release (depending on the task)
- 15.5.2012: registration closes for all ImageCLEF tasks
- 1.6.2012-30.6.2012: submission of runs (depending on the task)
- 15.7.2012-31.7.2012: release of results (depending on the task)
- 17.8.2012 : submission of working notes papers
- 17.9.2012-20.9.2012: CLEF 2012 Conference, Rome, Italy